[Distutils] buildout config question

Olaf Conradi olaf at conradi.org
Sun Jan 17 17:16:05 CET 2010

Hi,

2010/1/13 Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com>:
> On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 3:18 AM, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Thanks for responding.
>
>> Olaf Conradi wrote:
>>>
>>> [bank2ledger]
>>> recipe = zc.recipe.egg:scripts
>>> eggs =
>>>    bank2ledger
>>>    pyxdg
>>>
>>> [pylint]
>>> recipe = zc.recipe.egg
>>> eggs =
>>>    pylint
>>>    ${bank2ledger:eggs}
>>> entry-points = pylint=pylint.lint:Run
>>> arguments = sys.argv[1:]+[
>>>    '--output-format=parseable',
>>>    'bank2ledger']
>>
>> Both of these sections generate a bin/bank2ledger script.
>
> Yup.

So listing entries under eggs not only adds those eggs to the python
path, it also installs any associated scripts. That wasn't clear to me
when I read the zc.recipe.egg documentation the first time.

>> This is an error, and one that buildout should likely complain about.
>
> I don't consider it an error. I often override a script generated by another
> part.
>
> I can see benefit in buildout saying something about this situation.
>
>> You need to arrange for one of them to have a different name.
>> zc.recipe.egg may have a way to support that, check the docs and let us know
>> what you find.
>
> Yup.  http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zc.recipe.egg#controlling-script-generation

Ah, when I add scripts = pylint to the second part it only generates
that script.

Thanks, I have it working now :)

Cheers,
 -Olaf