[Distutils] error in using easy_install command

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 23:32:29 CET 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 12:32 PM, Irene Formaioni
<irene.formaioni at intecs.it> wrote:
> Hi,
> i've installed setuptools and i try to use easy_install but it doesn't work.
> ( i use Windows XP)
> From the IDLE (GUI)  i obtain this error:
>
> IDLE 2.6.3     >>> easy_install -f
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/functest/0.8.8 functest
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>>>>

> You can tell me why, where i mistake .

Hi. easy_install is a command, not to be used in the prompt but in the
command-line shell.

try to launch this (check this path I am not sure, I am nt under win32
so I am doing this by memory):

"c:\Python26\Scripts\easy_install.exe"

you can also add "c:\Python26\Scripts" in your PATH environment
variable so you can run "easy_install.exe" directly

Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org