[Distutils] distribute doesn't use pip?

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 02:29:11 CET 2010

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 23:03, Tom Davis <tom at recursivedream.com> wrote:
> Basically, the numpy folks have said they have no plans to support
> easy_install because it uses eggs

Yeah, that statement is somewhat nonsensical IMO.

>> It basically runs python setup.py install on the dependencies
>
> So I guess I'm at a loss as to why it's not working as intended.

Me too, but the error is somewhere in their subclassing of distutils,
so there is some sort of interaction between their classes and
setuptools. It's hard to debug if you don't know why numpy does all
these extra thingies in it's setup, and I don't.

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64