[Distutils] How to force installing setuptools instead of distribute ?

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 06:51:38 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 1:15 PM, Zubin Mithra <zubin.mithra at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any particular reason you wish to use setuptools?

Distribute broke basic features of easy_install, which makes it
useless for my case (see for example #142). Those are fixed in
setuptools.

Also, as a rule, I like to be in control of what I use as a programmer
if I wish so, and the whole business of distribute claiming to be
setuptools is really obnoxious. I can't understand how the community
"allowed" distribute to take over setuptools like it does.

David