[Distutils] How to force installing setuptools instead of distribute ?

P.J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Jul 1 17:47:59 CEST 2010

At 09:00 PM 7/1/2010 +0530, Zubin Mithra wrote:
>My sincere apologies.
>I was under the impression that it was not being maintained. It'd be
>great if you could point me towards the main setuptools trunk.

There's a link on the PyPI project page, as well as a link to the 0.6
stable branch.  There's also a pointer to the bug tracker there.  See
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/setuptools

>However, I have not worded this out on any other forum, so that
>should'nt be a problem. :)

Thanks.  Not only is it not true that it's not maintained, but it's
actually actively developed (albeit at a glacial pace).

The most recent commits to the trunk this year are in relation to new
features in progress for 0.7; I just don't make releases that often,
and in fact I'm hesitating a bit about releasing 0.6final and 0.7a1
because that's when I expect certain parties will start cranking up
the hate machine and FUDslinging again.  :-(