[Distutils] How to force installing setuptools instead of distribute ?

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 18:39:07 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 5:47 PM, P.J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:
[..]
> Thanks.  Not only is it not true that it's not maintained, but it's actually
> actively developed (albeit at a glacial pace).
>
> The most recent commits to the trunk this year are in relation to new
> features in progress for 0.7; I just don't make releases that often, and in
> fact I'm hesitating a bit about releasing 0.6final and 0.7a1 because that's
> when I expect certain parties will start cranking up the hate machine and
> FUDslinging again.  :-(

When this will stop, it's pathetic...

We had very good reasons to fork, so you are the one FUDing right here.

Can't you join the the current community effort in packaging instead
of working on your side and send messages like this ?

We could use your skills in distutils2, instead of having to deal with
all of this.

And even in setuptools, we could use your skills to add the
compatibility layers for the new PEPs. It will happen in Distribute in
any case.