[Distutils] Packaging situation + mailing list rules

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 20:41:27 CEST 2010

On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 3:03 AM, P.J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:

> My understanding (and I would guess, that of the OS distributors' as well)
> was *also* based on the premise that distribute was going to track with
> setuptools' feature additions and bug fixes, which it clearly has not.  The
> 0.6c11 release (last October) fixed a rather long list of bugs besides the
> one you reported; does anyone know if the rest are actually fixed in
> Distribute?

There is another potential issue with the edit mode, but I have not
been able to track it down yet, and as such have not reported it (nor
checked if it was already reported). Basically, easy_install -eNb
somedir somepackage does not always work, with some strange error. I
cannot always reproduce it.

David