[Distutils] What are non-active development eggs?

Jason Baker jbaker at zeomega.com
Wed Jul 7 15:24:39 CEST 2010

I've posted this question to Stackoverflow[1], but didn't get a response
there so I thought I'd ask here.  (This is simply a copy and paste of that
question)

For whatever reason, my build system isn't installing one of my packages
properly.  When I use yolk (from within a virtualenv), I get the following:

    bin/yolk -l elig
    elig            - 3.1.2.dev    - non-active development
(/home/jason/src/interface_dev/elig)

How exactly does a package go from active development to non-active
development?

[1]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3187496/what-does-it-mean-when-a-package-is-installed-as-non-active-development