[Distutils] `setup.py register` can't create PyPI account.

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 01:38:36 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 10:39 PM, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
>>> That might also work; I'd have to check with the lawyer whether there
>>> are any problems with such a change.
>>
>> It's a good news!
>>
>> If this problem will be solved by that policy, I come to be able to
>> teach the developers Distutils according to current documents.
>
> Please teach them to use a web browser to register instead.

No. If the fix Greg proposed is accepted by The PSF, this feature will
work again and you will be able to use it again. It worked perfectly
fine before the change.

Martin, if you want to remove some feature from Distutils, make a proposal.

But you can't decide on your own that a feature in a project
maintained by a bunch of other people, has to go.

Tarek
--
Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org