[Distutils] Announcing buildout_versions 1.0

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Jul 30 17:37:58 CEST 2010

Hi All,

I'm pleased to announce the first release of buildout_versions.

This is my take on buildout.dumppickedversions in that it's purpose is
to make the user of a buildout aware if any package versions have been
picked by buildout rather than specified by the buildout configuration.

It has two important differences:

- if no versions need to be picked, it generates no output

- if you specify recording of picked versions to a file, that file is
only ever appended to, not overwritten.

The PyPI page is here:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/buildout_versions

The documentation is here:
http://packages.python.org/buildout_versions

This extensions is also fully tested. If you have any problems or
suggestions, please let me know on this list!

cheers,

Chris