[Distutils] Having a Python package install itself under a different name

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 22:25:09 CEST 2010

I just had an idea, no idea if it's good or not:

You could try including both the Python 2 and Python 3 source code in
the sdist, but select different ones for install depending on the
Python version.

I haven't tried this, but I can't come up with a reason it wouldn't
work. If anyone else can, please tell me before Thursday. ;-)

--
Lennart Regebro: http://regebro.wordpress.com/
Python 3 Porting: http://python3porting.com/