[Distutils] stdeb followup

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Jun 10 23:20:58 CEST 2010

Hi Andrew,

I just wanted to follow up on stdeb and the debianize command you added.
First of all, thanks!  I've just pulled your git head and tried this out in a
virtualenv, and it works exactly the way I'd hoped.  Combined with some of the
other things I'm working out[1] I think this is the way I intend to go.
Kudos.

I do have a few minor issues, and I'll file bugs on github for each.  Also,
I'm wondering if you've released a version with the debianize command, and if
not when you might do that.  I'd like to work on getting that available in
Debian, Ubuntu, and my PPA.

Cheers,
-Barry

[1] http://www.wefearchange.org/2010/05/from-python-package-to-ubuntu-package.html