[Distutils] Easy install problems

SEIGAL Nick NSeigal at lcog.org
Mon Jun 14 21:54:55 CEST 2010

I am having trouble using easy install on a Windows Server 2008 server. It seems as thought I am getting blocked from downloading the dependencies.

At the command line I get this:

C:\Users>easy_install camelot
Searching for camelot
Best match: camelot 09.12.07
Processing camelot-09.12.07-py2.6.egg
camelot 09.12.07 is already the active version in easy-install.pth
Installing camelot_manage-script.py script to C:\Python26\Scripts
Installing camelot_manage.exe script to C:\Python26\Scripts
Installing camelot_manage.exe.manifest script to C:\Python26\Scripts
Installing camelot_admin-script.py script to C:\Python26\Scripts
Installing camelot_admin.exe script to C:\Python26\Scripts
Installing camelot_admin.exe.manifest script to C:\Python26\Scripts

Using c:\python26\lib\site-packages\camelot-09.12.07-py2.6.egg
Processing dependencies for camelot
Searching for Babel>=0.9.4
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/Babel/
Download error: [Errno 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected
party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection
 failed because connected host has failed to respond -- Some packages may not be
 found!
Couldn't find index page for 'Babel' (maybe misspelled?)

This process results in a long series of errors at this point.

Any suggestions?

Nick Seigal
GIS Analyst/Application Developer
Lane Council of Governments  -  859 Willamette Street, Suite 500  -  Eugene, Oregon 97401-2910
(541) 682-6733  -  (541) 682-4099 (fax)  -  www.lcog.org<http://www.lcog.org/>