[Distutils] Is it safe to embedding additional metadata in bdist_wininst installers ?

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 07:51:38 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am interested in adding some metadata in the installers generated by
bdist_wininst. I did it through a hack: base64-encoding the medata in
a new section in the embedded cfgdata. From my understanding the
installer.c sources, this seems safe, and the generated installer does
work, but I am wondering whether there is a better way of doing it,
and whether it could potentially breaks something,

cheers,

David