[Distutils] PyPI template improvements
Simon de Vlieger
simon at ikanobori.jp
Wed Jun 16 23:14:11 CEST 2010
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
the recent activity on this mailinglist has kickstarted my
contributing sense. As long as the mirroring debate is still ongoing I
In this regard I have a few questions before I really dig into these
- - Is there a list of improvements, maybe a nice TODO of points which
people want to see improved?
- - How are design changes handled, is there a committee to run them
through? People who decide on what gets in and what not? (I'll outline
some of my first thoughts lower in this mail)
- - What are the supported browser versions by PyPI, I reckon it's
IE6/7/8+, Fx 2+, Opera 9+ Safari 4+?
The changes I have on my personal 'todo list' are:
- - Add labels to all forms.
- - Make tables consistent width (see for example the table in the top
of the "Browse packages" page and compare with the table when you
actually select one of the classifiers).
- - Restyle the metadata display on package pages and move it up in the
- - Have downloads readily available on the right side of the screen (at
least the latest release).
- - Look sternly at the top right floating account information page.
- - Look at the your details page where the form does not align with the
right floating profile box.
- - Make one consistent styling for all forms. Include help texts in all
There are more things I want to do, but this is the start.
I have already cloned Tarek's PyPI clone on Bitbucket and I'll add my
Is there anything you guys (and the users) would really like to see
Simon de Vlieger
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (Darwin)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Distutils-SIG