[Distutils] How does buildout determine paths needed? (for django-page-cms)

John Griessen john at industromatic.com
Tue Jun 29 00:24:51 CEST 2010

I made a buildout with the config below that didn't work right and
found it needed to have some extra paths added.

Here is the extra path I needed:

   '/home/john/buildout/eggs/django_page_cms-1.1.3-py2.6.egg',
   '/home/john/buildout/eggs/django_page_cms-1.1.3-py2.6.egg/pages/templates/pages',

pages was being found to not have the contents wanted.  Is having a dir pages
and pages/templates/pages a naming problem for buildout?  If a search
is being done for * in pages, it might stop short when the top level pages is found.

Hints, suggestions how to resolve this appreciated.
Meanwhile, every time I run buildout, I'll need to copy an paste that extra path...

John
-----buildout.cfg----
[buildout]
eggs-directory = /home/john/buildout/eggs
extensions = mr.developer

parts =
     django

eggs =