[Distutils] bdist_wininst compatibility with pythons and windows versions

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Sun Jun 27 06:41:43 CEST 2010

On 26/06/2010 7:29 PM, anatoly techtonik wrote:
> Mark, can you compile a list of features and windows/python version
> compatibility provided by each stub to evaluate what is the best stub
> to use with pure Python modules?

As far as I know, the only issue you will find with ealier stubs is the
version of the C runtime linked against the stub (ie, by using the
correct one for the target version you had some assurance the correct
CRT was already installed) and the fact that later versions have more
features (but not compatibility changes as such) available to the
installation scripts.

Mark