[Distutils] layout and setup.py for packaging documentation

Sridhar Ratnakumar sridharr at activestate.com
Mon Mar 1 17:52:41 CET 2010

On 2010-03-01, at 8:44 AM, Sridhar Ratnakumar wrote:

> Is the documentation directory expected to contain files in certain format - for example, with a file describing the Table-of-Contents (toc.xml) that would then be used to render MSDN like doc tree?

.. and/or make a single-container (eg: CHM[1]) out of it. I guess this feature could be made optional, so developers can include simple docs without having to worry about any mandatory standard, and we could contribute a Sphinx patch to automatically produce toc.xml.

-srid

***
[1] ActivePython already includes extra docs (tutorials, peps. etc..) in a CHM file along with the Python docs