[Distutils] Pypy and site.py and makepath

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 10:13:23 CET 2010

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 01:54, P.J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:
> Anyway, if PyPy includes a precompiled or "builtin" site module of some
> kind, it's unlikely that the patch file would work correctly, even if PyPy
> allows executing a custom site.py.

Well, I don't know if it does, but adding the makepath method from
Pythons site.py seems to solve that problem anyway, and you get other
errors. I don't have time to look into this very deeply, but
Distribute/Setuptools seems to be a good test for cross-platform
compatibility as it involves much magic. :)

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64