[Distutils] Pypy and site.py and makepath

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 10:49:48 CET 2010

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 10:13, Lennart Regebro <regebro at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, I don't know if it does, but adding the makepath method from
> Pythons site.py seems to solve that problem anyway, and you get other
> errors. I don't have time to look into this very deeply, but
> Distribute/Setuptools seems to be a good test for cross-platform
> compatibility as it involves much magic. :)

Well, PyPy distutils.sysconfig does not have a customize_compiler, so
it breaks there anyway.

But I realized something more: Could it be that in CPython, Pythons
site.py is read in first and that context is retained when running a
local site.py? Because now I again get the error that another method
is missing (addsitedir) which does exist in Pythons site.py. It exists
in PyPy's site.py as well, but not in distributes site.py.

+33 661 58 14 64