[Distutils] mr.developer questions

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Wed Mar 17 00:00:08 CET 2010

Op 16-03-10 20:18, John Griessen schreef:
> I made a buildout including mr.developer, changed some of my django app
> files
> such as urls.py, reran buildout and changes gone, so I misunderstood.

Anything in the 'parts' directory is fair game for being removed and
recreated when buildout is running and it thinks this part needs
updating.  Perhaps this tripped you up?

> What is the VCS underlying mr.developer, SVN?, and how to you tell it to
> add files and commit via mr.developer?

mr.developer can handle svn, mercurial, git and cvs. I don't see bazaar
in the list; maybe you are using that?

I remember seeing some reports about problems with git support (usually
quickly fixed by Florian Schulze) and the recent 1.11 release was
followed a day later by a release fixing svn checkouts.  So you may want
to see if the version you are using is the latest.  See
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/mr.developer#changelog

Adding files or committing is not something that mr.developer does.  So
in the case of svn you just go to for example src/your.package and you
do an 'svn commit' from there.

--
Maurits van Rees