[Distutils] [buildout] selectively excluding site-packages

Gary Poster gary.poster at canonical.com
Wed Mar 17 15:00:52 CET 2010

On Mar 17, 2010, at 5:39 AM, Chris Withers wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I guess this is mainly aimed at Jim and Gary...
>
> How's the work to allow control over which packages come from site-packages and whether or not site-packages is considered by default?

Jim asked if I tested all branches with all pertinent Python versions.  After almost two weeks, I replied "no."  Only the branches that I considered deploying internally were tested in that way.  I haven't heard if Jim wants me to make all branches pass that way, but I offered.

> Anything I can do to help with this?

From my perspective, sure.  Use the most recent branch and report problems.  I'm sure there will be some.  I need to make bootstrap more defensive, for instance.  Maybe I'll have time for that today.

bzr branch is lp:~gary/zc.buildout/python-support-8-support-subprocess and svn is http://svn.zope.org/repos/main/zc.buildout/branches/gary-8/ .

Gary