[Distutils] [buildout] pythonpath

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Wed Mar 17 17:06:50 CET 2010

On 03/17/2010 04:39 PM, John Griessen wrote:
> I've got a buildout config partially working, but missing
> ability to find some views.
>
> How would you add paths to find
>
> cottagematic_bld/cottagematic_com/polls
> and /home/john/djangotemplates
>
> to this buildout config?
>
> ---------------------------------
> [buildout]
> eggs-directory = /home/john/buildout/eggs
> extensions = mr.developer
> sources = sources
> auto-checkout = django-mptt
>
> parts =
> django
>
> eggs =
> mock
> django-notification
> django-page-cms
> django-haystack
>
> [sources]
> django-mptt = svn http://django-mptt.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
> rev=>0.2.2 path=src-untouched
>
> [django]
> recipe = djangorecipe
> version = 1.1.1
> settings = development
> urls =
> http://code.google.com/p/django-messages/source/browse/#svn/branches/messages-0.4.x

Ehm, I don't know that urls parameter? The url points at some django app
in svn.  If you want to install that one via svn you could look at
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/infrae.subversion to install it (and then
add it to your eggs list).

Not sure I'm looking in the right direction here as your usecase isn't
completely clear to me.

> The django app has info to find things, but somehow the python path
> doesn't get all of it. From django settings.py:

First things first: check your bin/django file to see if you miss things
from the PYTHON path side of things.  If that's the full list you
expect, then you can look further in the django settings.

> INSTALLED_APPS = (
> 'django.contrib.auth',
> 'django.contrib.contenttypes',
> 'django.contrib.sessions',
> 'django.contrib.admin',
> )

Apps that aren't listed here aren't searched for templates: is this the
full list?  You might want to add your "site project" here, too.

> TEMPLATE_LOADERS = (
> 'django.template.loaders.filesystem.load_template_source',
> 'django.template.loaders.app_directories.load_template_source',
> )

I'm missing the egg loader template source that's here by default.
Perhaps that one helps?

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees - reinout at vanrees.org - http://reinout.vanrees.org