[Distutils] Releasing eggs as .tar.gz with setuptools or zc.buildout

Fred Drake fdrake at acm.org
Wed Mar 24 18:24:59 CET 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 12:48 PM, Baiju M <mbaiju at zeomega.com> wrote:
> Can you give some pointer how you are creating RPMs for
> the binary eggs (eg:- zope.interface ) Any tool available ?

The RPM is built using the normal RPM tools: we write a spec file,
then run rpmbuild in what we think are the normal ways.  Nothing
special is needed.

> These RPMs are for entire buildout or individual eggs ?

For the entire buildout, since they're applications.  We use a
separate package (RPM) with a "clean" Python (nothing in
site-packages!) that won't be affected by general system updates.

  -Fred