[Distutils] [Python-Dev] At least one package management tool for 2.7

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 13:16:57 CET 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 8:09 AM, Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Olemis Lang <olemis at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 6:19 PM, Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 10:44 PM, Carl Meyer <carl at dirtcircle.com> wrote:
>>>
>> [...]
>>>
>>> I am thinking about a version of pip that would be built on the top of
>>> distutils2,
>>>

>> AFAICR there's a switch to use distribute instead of easy_install (CMIIW)
>>

> I apologize, I know it's hard to follow.

[...]
> So the new work is happening now in a project called "distutils2"
> which is using distutils as a basis. The improvements made in
> distribute (like py3 support) will be moved to distutils2, and all
> PEPs we've recently accepted are implemented there too.

What makes me think if `pip` has considered `distribute` then why not
consider `distutils2` as well ? In the end «The improvements made in
distribute [...] will be moved to distutils2, »

;o)

> And that makes distutils2 a target for the pip installer.

;o)

--
Regards,

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:
TracRpc: API v2: New API methods and exceptions. JSON protocol
refactored and tested ? -
http://bitbucket.org/osimons/trac-rpc-mq/changeset/2643efa5f6d8/