[Distutils] Buildout documentation

Baiju M mbaiju at zeomega.com
Fri Mar 26 07:30:39 CET 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 10:27 PM, Baiju M <mbaiju at zeomega.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 10:02 PM, Baiju M <mbaiju at zeomega.com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>        I can see many people working with Buildout in this list.
>> There are nearly 200 packages in PyPI with "Framework :: Buildout"
>> category: http://pypi.python.org/pypi?:action=browse&c=512
>> This is really amazing.  But the documentation for Buildout
>> is not sufficient.  I and few others created http://www.buildout.org
>> during PyCON 2009.  It would be great, if the users of
>> Buildout coming forward to maintain that documentation.
>>
>> Now Buildout is used by Zope,Plone,Django and many
>> other projects.  May be someone can write an entire
>> book about Buildout :)
>
> BTW, if volunteers are coming forward.  I can coordinate
> and provide all details required for updating the documentation.

I have created a wiki to document Buildout:
http://wiki.zope.org/buildout/BuildoutWiki

We will move documentation to official site as it becomes matured.
Let's see how it works.

The format of wiki is reStructuredText so it would be easy to move
to Sphinx. To create a wiki link, you can use two square brackets:

  [[New Link]]

Regards,
Baiju M