[Distutils] [Python-Dev] At least one package management tool for 2.7

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 08:37:59 CEST 2010

2010/3/29 anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com>:
[..]
> It is really hard to follow. You should at least change subjects when
> switching topic.

I was talking about the work going on and the decisions taken lately.

I never change topics of threads mails when there's less than 100 mails,
because I find it way more confusing :)

> So, what is the verdict? Will there be a package management tool or
> bootstrap package for it shipped with Python 2.7 or not?

As I said in the mail you've quoted, all improvements are made in
Distutils2. So the answer is no.
Python 2.7b1 is due in less than a week anyways, so any new
development on this topic will happen after.

Basically Python 2.7 == Python 2.6 in term of packaging.

Regards
Tarek

--
Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org