[Distutils] setuptools --tag-revision poposed feature

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Sun May 2 21:13:46 CEST 2010

Tres Seaver ha scritto:
> Manlio Perillo wrote:
>> Hi.
>
>> Currently setuptools only support a ``tag-svn-revision`` option.
>> However I use Mercurial, and I would like to tag hg revisions.
> [...]
>
>> I don't know if setuptools is still under development (this topic seems
>> quite confused, for me), but can I write a patch, hoping that it will be
>> accepted?
>> Where should I send the patch?
>
> The setuptools tracker is for "generic" setuptools issues:
>
>   http://bugs.python.org/setuptools/

It seems there is a problem:
Sun May 2 19:09:07 2010: An error occurred. Please check the server log
for more infomation.

> Depending on the implementation, you might need to patch the plugin used
> to get setuptools to recognize your "under versino control" files with
> Mercurial, e.g.
>
>   http://pypi.python.org/pypi/hg.setuptools
>
> or:
>
>   http://bitbucket.org/jezdez/setuptools_hg/wiki/Home

The patch is only required in order to implement an entry point for
setuptools.tag_revision, in addition to setuptools.file_finders

By the way: why there are two packages that do the same thing?

Thanks  Manlio