[Distutils] setuptools passing arguments/settings to dependencies' dependencies

P.J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue May 4 20:30:59 CEST 2010

At 05:36 AM 5/4/2010 -0700, Kent wrote:
>Something seems to have changed with a recent release of setuptools.
>I recently upgraded to -0.6c11 from c9.
>Under c9, my setup.cfg could specify this:
>find_links = ../../thirdparty
>in order to direct setuptools to install from the ../../thirdparty
>directory instead of searching the internet.  This worked for my
>project's dependencies and the dependencies' dependencies.
>Now, under c11, settings in the setup.cfg only pass to my project's
>direct dependencies (install_requires=[] list).
>They no longer are passed to those dependencies' dependencies.
>What happened?  I've googled and googled and am having no luck.  Is my
>assertion correct?

I need more information than this to understand what you mean.  Are
you talking about running from "setup.py install", or using
"easy_install myproject"?  What exactly are the dependencies, and the
contents of the thirdparty directory?

>P.S. I also can't find an official PEAK software setuptools forum...
>is this the best forum to ask this question?

"Please use the
mailing list for questions and discussion about setuptools"