[Distutils] [issue108] develop install fails if path to setup.py is relative

P.J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Sat May 8 21:26:37 CEST 2010

At 12:23 PM 5/8/2010 +0000, techtonik wrote:

>New submission from techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com>:
>
>(stable011) M:\p\python\trac\env\stable011>python
>..\..\bitten\bitten-0.6.x\setup.py develop -mxd testenv\plugins

Just FYI: you can NEVER run a setup.py in a different directory than
the one where you're located, whether it's with distutils or setuptools.

I have no idea whether it works with distutils2 or is intended to be
supported, but if it's based on disutils code, then you MUST change
to the correct directory before running it.