[Distutils] Distribute 0.6.12 broken on Windows

Sridhar Ratnakumar sridharr at activestate.com
Wed May 19 23:44:18 CEST 2010

On 5/19/2010 5:07 AM, Tarek Ziadé wrote:
> On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 12:30 AM, Sridhar Ratnakumar
> <sridharr at activestate.com>  wrote:
>> >  May I call your attention to this bug?
>> >
>> >    http://bitbucket.org/tarek/distribute/issue/151/
>> >
>> >  0.6.12 broke Windows installation. Are we not planning a new release?
> The problem was fixed. Can you check on your side that everything is
> running fine,
> so I can do a new release
>
> You can clone the repo and get in the 0.6-maintenance branch,

0.6-maintenance installs fine on Python 2.7:
   http://gist.github.com/406877

I have also verified further by using the installed easy_install to
install a sample package.

Looks good to me, at least on Python trunk (2.7) compiled a week ago.

Similarly, 0.6-maintenance also installs successfully on Python 2.6.5.

-srid