[Distutils] development egg and --find-links easy_install option

P.J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Sat May 22 19:25:33 CEST 2010

At 05:55 PM 5/22/2010 +0200, Manlio Perillo wrote:
>What is the reason why a development egg is being skipped?

Because it can't be copied (currently), and the -a flag in your -maxd
means "--always-copy" -- that is, copy the egg, even if it's on sys.path.

>What I want is that in `deps` directory should copied all "normal"
>packages, as eggs, that are install requirements for package A or,
>indirectly, package B.
>
>Is this possible?

Yes, just build eggs for your local packages and place them somewhere
accessible to --find-links.  Alternatively, ensure that all needed
packages are on sys.path, and use -mxd instead of -maxd. (i.e., allow
setuptools to *not* copy things that are already available on sys.path.)