[Distutils] Script for easy access to the coverage report on distutils2

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Mon May 24 22:05:11 CEST 2010

On May 23, 2010, at 06:41 PM, Tarek Ziadé wrote:

>Notice that this script is the basis for the soon-to-be-set Hudson CI server,
>so we will be able to run a daily coverage report of some sort we can
>publish -- if you
>take care of making it possible to output HTML.

Tarek,

Can you describe this a bit more?  Did I miss some discussion on distutils-sig
about it?

What I really want is a CI system that could run over all the packages on the
Cheeseshop (or any other collection of Python packages, e.g. say in a
Debian/Ubuntu repository), and run a standard test suite, providing some
feedback as to the general health of the package on various versions of
Python.  I think a standard interface should be 'python setup.py test'.
Packages don't have adhere to this standard but if they did, we could perhaps
offer some nice carrots, like a star rating on Cheeseshop, detailed reports,
etc.

If something like this doesn't exist, I'm willing and available to work on it.

-Barry