[Distutils] setup.py script using python interpreter from previous run

Fred Drake fdrake at acm.org
Tue Nov 9 12:04:37 CET 2010

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 5:58 AM, Geoff Bache <geoff.bache at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is this a bug?

I think so.

> Or have I missed something in my setup.py? It works of
> course if I remove the generated "build" directory by hand, but it's
> not so nice to have to remember to do that.

You should be able to remove the build/ directory that was created
where the package is unpacked, and then run the install command with
your python2/bin/python.  The problem is that "build" and "install"
are traditionally two distinct steps.  While setup.py takes care of
both for you, it does detect that you switched Python's, so doesn't
re-build for the second.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.    <fdrake at acm.org>
"A storm broke loose in my mind."  --Albert Einstein