[Distutils] Distutils fails to build

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 10:08:38 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 12:29 AM, Oisin O'Maley <ninja.gofer at gmail.com> wrote:
> There doesn't appear to be anything anything wrong with
> "distribute.egg-info/entry_points.txt"

It's the same file indeed.
..

> The error is thrown on both the Gentoo and PyPi version.

Ok. I cannot reproduce this.

> This seems to run fine on both Gentoo and PyPi versions. But running "python
> setup.py egg_info" throws the same error as I mentioned above.

Can you show us the output ?  The error happens because
split_sections() returns at some point a (group, lines) where group is
None.

>>> import pkg_resources
>>> for group, lines in pkg_resources.split_sections(open('distribute.egg-info/entry_points.txt').read()):
...     if group is None and lines is not None:
...         print 'ha!'
...         print lines

You can also add a pdb in the code just before the raise, and call egg_info

--
Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org