[Distutils] Copying entire directory

Roberto Riggio roberto.riggio at create-net.org
Tue Oct 5 16:21:49 CEST 2010

  Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, anyway, I want to
copy the content of a directory included in a package generated with
./setup sdist to a certain destination.

What I did is to add something like this to my setup.py:

data_files = [('etc/foo/www/', [ 'dashboard/*' ])]

Just to put things into a context: the directory dashboard contains a
number of html files that are served by my application. I cannot list
all the files one by one because are too many, but also the apprach
that I'm using does not work and produce the following error:

error: can't copy dashboard/*: doesn't not exist or not a regular file

Any suggestions?

Thanks
R.