[Distutils] [issue116] typo in command.bdist_enc.make_zipfile

Ted Tibbetts setuptools at bugs.python.org
Tue Sep 21 05:10:42 CEST 2010

New submission from Ted Tibbetts <intuited at gmail.com>:

Looks like there is a typo in the function `make_zipfile` in the file `command/bdist_enc`: the last line of the else clause of the if construct at the end of the function passes `file` as the third parameter to `visit`; it should be passing `files`, I think.

Symptoms include the exception `TypeError("'instancemethod' object is not iterable")` when attempting to run `easy_install -n some_sdist.tar.gz`.

Applying the attached patch seems to resolve the issue; I'm still not entirely sure what it's telling me, but at least it's not spitting out a stack trace.

files: bdist_egg.py.diff
messages: 550
nosy: intuited
priority: bug
status: unread
title: typo in command.bdist_enc.make_zipfile
Added file: http://bugs.python.org/setuptools/file72/bdist_egg.py.diff

Setuptools tracker <setuptools at bugs.python.org>
<http://bugs.python.org/setuptools/issue116>