[Distutils] Distribute error? datetimewidget.pot: File name too long

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 16:05:45 CEST 2010

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 3:45 PM, Jon Hadley <me at jon-hadley.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to install a custom package in a buildout managed Plone 3 site in
> /develop-src named (for the sake of argument) 'foobar.wontbloodywork'.
> Yet I keep getting an error 'z3cform.datetimewidget.pot: File name too long'
> I get the same result on a freshly built Ubuntu server with no previous
> eggs. The custom packages used to install fine in an older (12 month +)
> project.
> It was suggested to me (via the Plone Users mailing list) that this might be
> a distribute error. Can anyone on this list offer any insights?

Have you tried to install that package with a raw "python setup.py
install" in your environment ?
Does it install fine ? (I am pretty sure it's not)

If not could you provide the traceback then ? If it does we will need
to trace the easy_install script to get more info when it runs that
command on that package.

Regards
Tarek
--