[Distutils] docs/ vs doc/

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 09:55:13 CEST 2010

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 8:41 PM, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
>>
>> Yes it should definitely use doc/ if docs/ is missing.
>
> Attached patch. Review in context at http://codereview.appspot.com/2269042

Thanks for the diff. Would you mind adding a tiny little test in
test_upload_docs.test_default_uploaddir

I'll be happy to merge tour change then.

>> However, upload_docs
>> never quite works out of the box for me anyway.  First, it insists on an
>> index.html file, which my Sphinx builds never seem to write, so I always have
>> to add a symlink.

Barry, do you mean that you have all files generated by Sphinx but not
index.html ? That's weird, Sphinx should generate it like the others.

>  Second, it doesn't seem to play nicely with the location
>> that my buildout-based builds puts the docs, so I always also have to use
>> --upload-dir.  Yes, it would be nice if both of these problems were fixed too.
>> Yes, I should report them as bugs (or just fix 'em ;).

How would you fix the second issue ? e.g. if the docs is not in docs/ or doc/

Regards
Tarek

--
Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org