[Distutils] [buildout] "private" releases

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Apr 6 09:21:36 CEST 2011

On 05/04/2011 16:33, Eric Smith wrote:
> Could you elaborate on this? How does buildout/setuptools/distribut
> search for an sdist, lacking an index file? Does it look for .tgz only,
> or other extensions as well? This would save me a ton of heartburn if I
> could get it to work.

Point find-links at either a folder on disk, or that sample folder
served over http by Apache's normal folder serving (ie: index listings on).

Just stick any type of dist into that folder.

The rest "just works".

If it doesn't, explain what you did and we'll see if we can spot what
went wrong...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk