[Distutils] bdist_wininst on unix and install_lib

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 17:44:08 CEST 2011

Hi,

I want to build binary wininst distributions of pure python package on
unix. That's pretty possible and works already. But I need to patch
`install_lib` and `install_data` targets with custom platform-specific
modifications. I've noticed that bdist_wininst runs `install_*`
targets during the build. The question is:

How can `install_lib` detect if it is executed to build code for
windows platform when it is executed on unix?

Please, CC.
--
anatoly t.