[Distutils] Including symlinked data files in an egg

P.J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Apr 20 23:38:44 CEST 2011

At 08:12 PM 4/20/2011 +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
>Is there another way to get this working? I'ld hate to have to
>resort to monkeypatching distutils.

Well, you could have the symlinks go the other way around, I suppose.  ;-)

Alternately, you could write a "file finder" plugin for setuptools,
or see whether one of the git plugins for setuptools fixes the problem.

(Note: the plugin would only be needed when building from a direct
git checkout - building from an "sdist" (source .tar.gz or .zip) will
not need it.)