[Distutils] Installing the dependencies in the develop egg setup.py

L. Guruprasad lgp171188 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 11:50:08 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I am having a develop egg in my buildout setup and its setup.py
specifies a dependency in the install_requires field.

When bin/buildout command is run, the dependencies are not installed.
But when I mention the dependency in the buildout.cfg file, it does gets
installed and becomes available to the environment. Alternatively,
running bin/buildout setup <path to setup.py> file installs the
dependency correctly and it works. What could be the issue here?

Here is my buildout.cfg
<snip>
[buildout]
extensions = mr.developer