[Distutils] pkg_resources on Windows

PJ Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Dec 16 17:10:03 CET 2011

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 7:30 AM, Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Another question, suppose that I have something like
>
> dev_main -a myapplication
>
> where myapplication is a certain path.
> Would it be possible to create a console_script setting in the entry
> points, that
> passes that option to dev_main automatically?
>
> It would be quite nice to get executables out of the box, that under the
> hood
> run the development version..

I don't know what 'dev_main' is, but if you're asking, "can I have an .exe
that runs my development code?", then the answer is yes.  Use "setup.py
develop".  It will install script .exe's and stub .py files to the target
directory, but the actual code that's run by the .exe  will be your
original source code.  Any changes you make to the source will take effect
the next time you run that exe.