[Distutils] pkg_resources on Windows

Andrea Crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 18:42:47 CET 2011

On 12/16/2011 04:10 PM, PJ Eby wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 7:30 AM, Andrea Crotti
> <andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com <mailto:andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     Another question, suppose that I have something like
>     dev_main -a myapplication
>     where myapplication is a certain path.
>     Would it be possible to create a console_script setting in the
>     entry points, that
>     passes that option to dev_main automatically?
>     It would be quite nice to get executables out of the box, that
>     under the hood
>     run the development version..
> I don't know what 'dev_main' is, but if you're asking, "can I have an
> .exe that runs my development code?", then the answer is yes.  Use
> "setup.py develop".  It will install script .exe's and stub .py files
> to the target directory, but the actual code that's run by the .exe
>  will be your original source code.  Any changes you make to the
> source will take effect the next time you run that exe.

Yes yes I knew this, the real question was more if I can pass something
to the entry
point function in the console_scripts.
The simple way would be to simply create another module which calls the
with the right parameter, and use that as an entry point.

But in general it looks like it's not possible to pass arguments, right?