[Distutils] [buildout] latest bootstrap.py fails on all 3 pythons that ship with Mac OS X Lion

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Sat Dec 31 11:28:18 CET 2011

On 29/12/2011 11:43, Chris Withers wrote:
> I just upgraded a machine I want to use as a build server to Mac OS X
> Lion. It appears that Lion ships with Python 2.5, 2.6 and 2.7, but
> bootstrap.py fails with each of these:

The workaround I'm using is to create a virtualenv with the system
python and then use the virtualenv's bin/python to run the bootstrap.

This works fine, but it's a bit sad that this is now needed because, I
suspect, of the changes which were designed to avoid the need to wrap a
buildout in a virtualenv in order to exclude stuff in site-packages.

Can anyone else verify my findings? Where should I submit a bug report?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk