[Distutils] easy_install installing beta version of psycopg2

P.J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Feb 16 21:40:35 CET 2011

At 05:47 PM 2/16/2011 +0000, Daniele Varrazzo wrote:
>Do I, as a packager, have the possibility to say "what I have specified
>on PyPI as stable release is exactly what I mean"?

If you don't want easy_install to find it, don't list it on the pages
referred to in your "Home Page" or "Download URL" on
PyPI.  Easy_install reads those pages because many package authors do
not provide directly usable URLs or packages on PyPI.

>possibly not requiring a writable egg cache (see

You can prevent this as a package author, by specifying
zip_safe=False in your setup() script.