[Distutils] easy_install installing beta version of psycopg2

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Feb 18 10:00:11 CET 2011

On 17/02/2011 00:01, Daniele Varrazzo wrote:

> I don't think it is fair to ask to stop listing the beta from the
> homepage and the download page of the 2-pages website of the module:

Indeed, but I think it's totally fair to expect users to pin to the
version they require using whatever package management policy they choose.

Of course, sure, it would be nice if easy_install had a sane default of
installing only final releases, but what're the chances of PJE
implementing that? ;-)

What's the "distribute" take on this?

cheers,

Chris