[Distutils] easy_install installing beta version of psycopg2

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Fri Feb 18 13:03:54 CET 2011

On 2/18/11 12:30 , Tarek Ziadé wrote:
> As a reminder, the current situation in packaging tools is as follows :
>
> - Setuptools development is stalled -- see the attached diagram
> - Distribute development is now also stalled.
> - People that used to work on Distribute are now working on Distutils2

My recent experience has been that setuptools is actively maintained,
and PJE is quickly fixing errors where distribute is ignoring
bugreports. My only gripe with setuptools at the moment is that long
time between releases; often there are fixes ready in svn waiting for
many months before a release is made.

Wichert.