[Distutils] easy_install installing beta version of psycopg2

Daniele Varrazzo daniele.varrazzo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 16:20:29 CET 2011

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 3:04 PM, P.J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:
> At 12:41 PM 2/18/2011 +0000, Daniele Varrazzo wrote:
>>
>> I've tried to be good and replace the download_url, which used to
>> refer to a directory containing all the packages, to a direct link to
>> the package to download (see
>> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/psycopg2/2.3.2). It wasn't enough as
>> probably previous versions listed in /simple/ still refer to the
>> directory (see http://pypi.python.org/simple/psycopg2/).
>>
>> Is there a way to clean the list in /simple/, apart from deleting all
>> the previous releases from PyPI, which would be a net loss for PyPI as
>> a repository?
>
> Yes.  Just edit those releases.  Log in to PyPI, go to your package page,
> then click on "Releases".  There will be an "edit" link for each release.

It didn't work. The url for the beta is probably taken from the home page.

    Searching for psycopg2
    Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/psycopg2/
    Reading http://initd.org/psycopg/
    Reading http://initd.org/tracker/psycopg
    Reading http://initd.org/projects/psycopg2
    Best match: psycopg2 2.4-beta2

On the plus side, this means we will have more tests than expected.

-- Daniele